Saturday, July 23, 2005

Flight 19


Flight 19 4.4mi

So, my laps around the station never happened. I didn't want to go in the heat of the day and then I had dinner to prepare and food to digest. I guess I should have just done it early and gotten it out of the way.
I had a nice urban adventure run today. I ran down to the new Flight 19 Gallery located in the old baggage claim of Tampa's Union Station. This route took me through some of the most neglected parts of Tampa. I went down Central Ave. through Robles Park. I don't think I've ever been on Central south of the park, and I was surprised at how beautiful and well kept some of the homes were down there. I took Columbus east to Nebraska and went south past the Centro Asturiano towards the train station.
The heat was starting to take its toll and my pulse at the split was 180, so I increased my walk breaks to 4:1 and then 4:2 for awhile. I'm starting to get a feel for the way in which the temperature can affect your pace, but I obviously went out too hard. I had told Jan that I would meet her at the gallery 45 minutes from leaving the house and I think it was a point of pride for me to make it there on time. Now I know not to set time goals like that on training runs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home