Thursday, July 21, 2005

Rivercrest Trail


Rivercrest 4mi

I got up about 6:30 and picked out a new route on mapcard before leaving. A large sinkhole opened up at Sligh Ave. and the river the other day and the bridge has been closed for repairs. I need to go up and take some pictures of the sinkhole before they fill it in.
I saw an article in the Seminole Heights newsletter about a trail section that opened in Rivercrest Park on Osborne, so I decided to run down there and check it out.
I felt good starting out and I tried to concentrate on a smooth, relaxed form. I like to imagine that my head is a movie camera and I am trying to make a nice smooth dolly shot with as little camera shake as possible.
I covered the first mile in less than ten minutes and I felt like I had my legs and lungs with me. The new trail section is nice and it expands the amount of riverfront running that I can do.
I put in for overtime and I got called to go to Station 17 in Ruskin. I'm working tomorrow at Station 39 so I'll have to figure out a way to get some cross training in. Maybe I'll just walk some laps around the station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home