Saturday, July 16, 2005

Two Burritos, Three Beers, Four Miles


UTBT Dump 3.9mi

We went out to Rick's On The River for a few drinks with some friends. When we got home it was about 10:30 and I was starving. We didn't have much in the fridge other than some eggs and tortillas, so I made some breakfast burritos, ate, and went straight to bed. I don't usually like to eat so close to bed time and I realized later that I should have just had a protein bar or something.
I started running from the station at around 6:20 and I was feeling a little winded by my second walk break at only 11 minutes. I kept trying to hold the pace down but I kept my walk breaks at 5:1.
I thought I could take the UTBT south from Linebaugh after looping around the dump, but I was about 29 minutes in when I got to the turnoff and I thought it might take me another 20 minutes to get back that way. I went back the way that I came which I knew to be about 8 minutes and I ran about a quarter mile past the station and back to make it an even 40 minutes. This route on mapcard.com comes out to 3.9mi and the other way would have been about 4.2. Even trying to hold back and not feeling great I ran 45 seconds per mile faster than my run the other day. No wonder my finish pulse was 180!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home